Are you looking for incredibly wholesome and nutrient-rich recipes that your dog will adore? There are many different dog food recipes, as you are aware. To give you the very best recipes in one article, we combed through literally hundreds of them and separated the wheat from the chaff. These homemade dog food recipes are wholesome and nutritious, and dogs adore them whether you’re a new pet parent with a boisterous puppy paving the way for a healthy future or have an elderly dog with special needs.
Preparing meals for your dog is the best method to guarantee that he or she is receiving the nutrients they require in their diet. But for some, the concept of preparing meals by hand is simply one more thing that we don’t have enough time for. Because of this, we made sure the top 10 Homemade Dog Food Recipe Ideas were easy enough to prepare, both in terms of the ingredients and the time and processes required. Additionally, we have already done the research for you, so browse our selection of incredible recipes and save your favorites!
Keep in mind any dietary limitations (such as food allergies) and be sure to discuss the transition to homemade meals with your veterinarian.
Homemade Dog Food Recipe Ideas
Vege-rich Turkey Quick and Easy Home Dog Food
Use this simple method to maintain your dog’s fitness. The food recipes ideal diet for your pet contains a mix of 50% protein, 25% vegetables, and 25% grains.
1 1/2 cups brown rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 pounds of ground turkey
3 cups baby spinach, chopped
2 carrots, shredded
1 zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup peas, canned or frozen
- Cook the rice to package directions in a large pot with 3 cups of water; put aside.
- Over medium heat, warm the olive oil in a sizable Dutch oven or stockpot. Add the ground turkey and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until it is browned.
- When the spinach has wilted and the mixture is well cooked, stir in the brown rice, carrots, zucchini, peas, and spinach.
- Allow to totally cool.
- Visit damn delicious for the entire recipe and directions.
Delicious Brown rice and Turkey with Rosemary home food for your dog
The rosemary smell added to this delectable mixture will cause your pet to scamper to the other end of your house. With frozen ingredients and leftover turkey from supper, it is simple to make. With just 30 minutes total for cooking, it’s also fast.
6 cups water
1 pound ground turkey
2 cups brown rice
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 (16 ounces) package of frozen broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower combination
- A big Dutch oven should be filled with water, rice, and ground turkey.
- Stir the mixture until the ground turkey is broken up and distributed evenly.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil; then, turn down the heat so that the mixture simmers for 20 minutes.
- Cook the frozen veggies for a further five minutes after adding them.
- Take off the heat and let it cool.
- Keep cold until you need it.
Easy Crockpot Recipe DIY dog food
This homemade dog food crockpot recipe will benefit your dog if it is fussy about the food it consumes or has food allergies. This is a simple homemade dog food recipe for the slow cooker.
3 lbs lean ground chicken
1 cup butternut squash I use frozen, precut
15 oz can kidney beans drained
1 cup peas
1 cup of green beans
1 cup carrots sliced or diced
1 1/2 cup uncooked rice
4 cups of water
Put everything in the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours, stirring periodically.
Homemade dog food with high protein content.
As a member of your family, your pet deserves only the finest ingredients, free of any fillers, sweeteners, or seasonings. Dogs require the protein found in animal meat, fish, dairy products, and eggs. They require carbs from grains or vegetables and fat from meat or oil. Moreover, dietary sources of essential fatty acids include egg yolks, oats, plant oils, and other foods.
2 pounds of Ground beef
2 pounds of ground turkey
14 ounces tuna (2 cans, in water)
1/2 pound chicken gizzards
1/2 cup Cottage cheese
1 cup White rice (cooked)
6 ounces of Sweet potato
6 ounces Green peas (cooked)
6 ounces Cauliflower
6 ounces Broccoli
1/2 Apple (medium size)
3 tablespoons Coconut oil
- Cook rice as directed on the label. The chicken gizzards should be cooked completely for 10 minutes in a separate pot. For the final five minutes of hard boiling, add the eggs to this pot.
- Cook the ground beef and ground turkey until browned in a third, very big saucepan. Remove from the heat after draining the majority of the fat.
- The raw peas, raw broccoli, raw cauliflower, 1/2 apple (cored and seeded), cooled gizzards, and peeled eggs should be ground in a food processor. It can require two batches.
- When soft, microwave sweet potatoes for three to four minutes.
- All ingredients, including the salmon or tuna in a can, should be added to the big pot with the meat and turkey.
- In the end, including cottage cheese and coconut oil. With a wooden spoon, thoroughly combine to combine.
- This will provide two nine-pound dogs with food for two weeks. Label and date after placing in freezer bags.
Fiber-Filled Homemade Dog Food Recipe
Try this dinner recipe idea if your pet has constipation issues. Additionally, you may divide it up and freeze it for later use. Ziploc bags filled with homemade dog food should be defrosted overnight. With this recipe, you may feed your dog for around two weeks, but make sure to ask your veterinarian how much homemade dog food you should be giving your pet. The author advises heating the food in a double boiler before feeding your pet.
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1 lb. Shredded Chicken
3 cups Water
1 medium Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
2 cups Brown Rice
1/2 cup Lentils
2 tbsp. Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup Chopped Spinach
2 tsp. Olive Oil
- Boil the chicken and turkey for 20 minutes in 3 cups of water over medium heat.
- Take the meat out of the water, then set it aside.
- Bring the water back to a boil after adding the sweet potato, rice, and lentils. For 15 minutes, cook.
- Cook the other ingredients after adding the liquid until it has been absorbed.
- Add the cooked meat, stir, and serve hot.
- Feed as your veterinarian has instructed, freezing any leftovers.
Homemade Raw Dog Food
2 1/2 pounds of ground beef
4 ounces of chicken livers
1 carrot, chopped
1 small apple, cored
1/2 cup baby spinach
2 whole eggs (including shell)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon olive oil
- To finely chop, add the carrot, apple, and spinach to a food processor.
- Once again process all of the ingredients, excluding the ground beef, until thoroughly blended.
- Put the ingredients in a large basin. A spatula or your hands can be used to combine after adding the ground meat.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper after shaping into patties approximately the size of your palm.
- Put patties in a plastic bag or storage container and freeze them until firm.
- The night before, take one day’s worth of patties out of the freezer and put them in the fridge to defrost before serving.
Healthy and Homemade Woof Loaf
Give your dog or cat a delicious, homemade puppy food supper that’s healthful and full of flavor. To make a meal that is rich in vegetables, combine lean ground turkey with carrots and peas. Furthermore, the use of eggs and oats enhances the flavor of this bread loaf. Your adorable pet will devour it.
1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup oats
3 hard-boiled eggs
- Combine the peas, carrots, and lean ground turkey in a bowl. Both are beneficial for cats and dogs because they provide the nourishment they need for healthy digestion and strong vision.
- Include the eggs and oats. Stir until the dough for the bread comes together. Eggs add added protein, while oats make your pet’s coat sparkle. Add half of the mixture to a loaf pan that has been lightly greased with olive oil.
- After placing the three hard-boiled eggs in the middle of the loaf, top with the remaining ground turkey mixture. 45 minutes of baking should be done in the oven.
- Offer your pet a slice of the cooled bread that is half an inch thick. He’ll howl for several seconds! Before placing a slice in your cat’s eating bowl, it’s a good idea to cut it up.
Scrambled Eggy Spinach and Salmon Gourmet Dog Food
This easy food recipe will be the highlight of your pet’s day if you choose a more upscale option and if you like salmon and eggs a lot. As salmon contains a high amount of beneficial oils, eggs are really wonderful for your dog because they include good digestible protein and a variety of vitamins.
1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 can of skinless salmon
1/2 cup of thawed spinach
- high heat in a skillet
- Add eggs and whisk for two minutes to scramble them in a pan with the spinach and fish.
- When chilled, serve.
2 chicken breasts
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup chopped vegetables (carrots, green beans, potatoes, broccoli)
Oil for frying
¼ cup rolled oats
- The chicken breasts should first be cut into bite-sized pieces and fried in oil.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes after adding the chicken broth, rolled oats, and chopped veggies to the pan.
There you have it, then! Ten Recipes for homemade dog food that dog lovers online have shared. We hope you’ve chosen a few that appeal to both you and your dog, and that you’re eager to start cooking!